Marriage, also called matrimony or wedlock, is a socially or ritually recognized union between spouses.
The basic elements of a marriage are 1. The parties’ legal ability to marry each other.
- Mutual consent of the parties
- A marriage contract as needed by law.
- The persons getting married must be unmarried and must not have a living spouse from their previous Marriage. 5. The legal age for a woman is 18 years and for a man is 21 years.
Why do we need a Marriage Lawyer?
We need marriage lawyers because they perform various duties such as:
- The parties first discuss with their advocate for filing the notice of the Marriage. A marriage lawyer will be your adequate bet to go ahead with the court marriage process.
- The Lawyer will advise the parties to the Marriage as per the acceptable law, the place of registration, where Marriage can be registered.
- A lawyer will confirm that the parties are of adult age. An advocate will assure the free approval of both parties.
- A lawyer will formulate all the essential documents required for the registration process. It helps in decreasing the responsibility and time of parties to the Marriage.
- An advocate will set up a mutually suitable time for you, your partner and the three witnesses to meet at the office of the marriage registrar to find a late final check of documentation.
- In case of further declarations and considerations raised, an advocate will file an appeal on behalf of parties and make the arguments.